SIGRACET® GDL - Optimized Gas Diffusion Layers for All Fuel Cell Applications
SIGRACET Gas Diffusion Layers (GDLs) are “graphitized“ carbon fiber based nonwovens or papers, specifically designed to transport reactant gases into and excess liquid product water out of the electro - catalyst layers of Proton Exchange Membrane (PEM) fuel cells.
Advantages of our finished GDLs
- Microporous layer improves stack efficiency and durability
- Economy of scales due to the use of continuous manufacturing process
- Optimized for all operating conditions
- Operates with all available MEAs
- Compatible with 5-layer MEA technology
- Roll and sheet form, cut to fit your design requirements
Recommended SIGRACET® GDL grades for your application
We supply SIGRACET Gas Diffusion Layers in roll form in lengths of 75 +/– 25 m. Our standard roll width is 45 cm, but we can split parent rolls into multiples thereof, i. e. 2 x 22.5 cm wide rolls, 3 x 15 cm wide rolls, etc. Sheets stamped to a specified geometry are also available if so desired. Substrate PTFE loadings are available from 0 to 30 wt% whereas 5 wt% is standard.
GDL “AA“ is our plain substrate with no value-added post-processing.
GDL “BA“ is our hydrophobized substrate with a 5 wt% PTFE loading.
GDL “BC“ is our hydrophobized substrate (5 wt% PTFE) with our standard Microporous Layer (MPL) on one side.
Different types and properties of available GDL platforms
How to Identify the Best-Fitting GDL Type