NexTech Materials is pleased to announce the expansion of our production volume for SOFC materials and components. As an industry leader for fifteen years, NexTech develops and provides industry-leading SOFC technologies. Under the current initiative, NexTech Commercial Services provides innovative solutions to the clients seeking production volumes of powders, inks and components. The new service complements our track record of collaborative SOFC research and development. NexTech’s team of scientists and engineers can provide clients a reliable and reproducible source of ‘mass-customized’ products for commercialization programs of any size.
Our customization and production resources include:
- Scalable production facilities capable of tons per year production of electrolyte, electrode and interconnect materials. Pilot production facilities to replicate production processes at batch sizes as small as one kilogram, providing rapid and flexible materials tailoring with minimal scale-up requirements.
- Established materials production routing, quality assurance and process controls that implement Six Sigma and lean manufacturing principles to provide reproducibility and reliability to clients.
- Dedicated staff of materials scientists, fuel cell engineers and applications specialists with years of experience in the fabrication of SOFCs. The team understands the specific needs of high temperature fuel cell operation, ceramic processing requirements, and materials synthesis.
- A fully staffed and equipped materials laboratory to assure that products meet performance, as well as physical property specifications. NexTech’s laboratories are capable of characterizing materials physical properties, electrical performance, and electrochemical performance. Available analyses include routine powder characterization, chemical composition, SEM, sintering dilatometry, X-ray diffraction, electrical impedance spectroscopy and bulk conductivity measurement, as well as ‘button’ and large area fuel cell and interconnect testing.
- A team of business specialists to dedicated to maintaining the highest standards of integrity, confidentiality and cooperation in custom materials development and supply.
The Commercial Services division of NexTech leverages our experience in materials research, development and customization along with the expanding capacity of our materials production lines. Our team is currently developing customer solutions for electrolyte, anode, cathode and interconnect coating materials.
SOFC cell component customization is available for planar electrolyte-supported and tubular anode designs. NexTech also provides interconnect development for planar and tubular designs.
Aspects of this service include:
- NexTech scientists can leverage our vertical integration of powder synthesis to develop component performance solutions that reach beyond that of commodity SOFC materials.
- Dedicated, on-site cell fabrication facilities allow immediate prototyping, testing, and manufacturing of components. This integrated prototyping facility allows closed-loop, iterative development cycles to hasten product development and implementation.
- Scientists and engineers who are experienced in tubular and planar development, manufacturing and operation. Experienced in collaborative development efforts and conscious of end-application requirements, NexTech team members work with customers to establish performance-driven development and supply agreements.