As a developer and manufacturer of materials and components, NexTech partners with other materials and device manufacturers, system integrators, original equipment manufacturers and end-users in the utility, military, electronics, and industrial markets. Currently NexTech is seeking partners in the following areas:
- Tier I providers of diesel emission systems
- Military prime contractors interested in incorporation of fuel cell systems for applications in APUs, underwater vehicles, unmanned aircraft, and stationary power
- Suppliers of components for fuel cell stacks
- Manufacturers/developers of power systems for remote, premium, and recreational markets
NexTech has a robust R&D program, funded partially through government grants and contracts. Major customers include Department of Energy, U.S. Air Force, U.S. Navy, Department of Commerce, National Science Foundation, and the State of Ohio. Awards are typically highly competitive and in some cases are restricted to companies with less than 500 employees. Proposals are typically reviewed by recognized scientists and business experts familiar with the area of development. NexTech’s win ratio on the awards is typically over 30 percent, based on its innovation, sound business practices, and reputation for execution. Some of the prestigious awards that have been won by NexTech include two NIST ATP awards, five Ohio Third Frontier Awards, and many military small business innovative research awards. NexTech frequently partners with commercial entities to develop technology.
- Development of an SOFC stack for unmanned aircraft vehicles
- Development of an SOFC system for unmanned underwater vehicles
- Development of an SOFC stack for mobile vehicle applications
- Improvement of SOFC cathodes
If you have interest in partnering with NexTech Materials in any of these areas or would like to receive more information please contact us here.