Climate change legislation and rising concern over fuel prices and security mean that businesses and government are seeking means to reduce their carbon emissions, fuel consumption and dependency on fossil fuels. Fuel Cells provide a more efficient means to produce electricity and heat onsite with reduced fuel consumption and lower emissions.
Logan Energy is the established leader in the provision of low to zero carbon energy solutions harnessing the power of fuel cells, please click here for information on the UK’s biggest fuel cell installation at the Transport for London and London Development Agency offices at Palestra on Blackfriars Road, London.
Logan Energy can help your organisation realise clean, quiet, efficient and reliable fuel cell CHP schemes using a variety of fuel sources including existing natural gas supplies or waste products to generate clean heat and power. We can assist with:
- Integrated low to zero carbon design
- Project costing including revenue incomes ROC, RHI,Feed In Tariffs, Gate fees etc
- Grant funding
- Installation, commissioning and operation of fuel cell CHP
Drivers for Fuel Cell Projects
- Carbon Reduction Commitment
- Energy Efficiencies
- Reduced energy consumption
- High electricity prices
- High Gas Prices
- Requirements for onsite heating or cooling
- Security of electricity supply through onsite generation of power
- Reduced carbon emissions
- Secure supply
Being independent of manufacturer, Logan Energy can supply a range of solutions to meet your needs, these include:
- Baseload Power: 300kWe (7,260 Btu/kWh), 400kWe (1,700K Btu/hr), 1.4MWe(7,260 Btu/kWh) and 2.8 MWe (7,260 Btu/kWh) Modules
- Fuels: Natural Gas, Syngas, Bio Gas
- Retail Outlets
- Government Buildings
- Manufacturing Facilities
Advantages of Fuel Cells for CHP Applications
- Operating temperatures enable combined heat (or cooling) and power cogeneration - the heat is of a useful temperature and is produced as a by-product (fuel cells operate between 50 - 900°C)
- Distributed generation - energy is generated at the point of use yielding greater overall efficiency and lower emissions than traditional grid infrastructure
- Fuel cells offer the potential for considerable long term cost savings (high CAPEX, low COPEX)
- Very low emissions, vibrations and noise
- Zero or very low CO2, NOx, SOx and particulates
- High efficiency - consistent across partial and full loads
- Location diversity - fuel cells can be installed almost anywhere (built up urban environments)
Independent of Manufacturer and Technology
Being independent of both manufacturer and technology enables Logan Energy to provide impartial advice on the alternative energy option that today’s hydrogen technologies offer. It is this independence that allows us to deliver the right solution for each and every application. Passionate about hydrogen and with an unparalleled history in fuel cells and renewable energy technologies, Logan Energy does not limit itself to the application of fuel cells but includes all technologies that either generate or utilise Hydrogen and hydrocarbons.
Logan Energy has been installing fuel cells since 1995. No other organisation has the depth or range of experience of different applications. Logan has been responsible for over 130 fuel cell solutions.
Our in-house team have just over 100 people years of hands-on practical experience of fuel cell and energy solutions from feasibility studies to design and planning, detail engineering, installation, , commissioning, operations and maintenance.