Id : 112
Category : Engineering
Region : NE:ME VT NH MA RI CT
Salary Range : 90000.00 - 120000.00 per year (USD Direct)
Date Created : 06/16/2011
Our client is a leading provider of fuel cell power systems and is currently positioning itself for the rapid growth that will accompany the launch of several new platforms in 2011 and beyond. The Company's culture is dynamic and ideal for individuals who are motivated by talented co-workers, minimal bureaucracy, cutting edge technology and aggressive goals. You are able to assume as much responsibility as you desire.
Technical Staffing Professionals has been engaged to help the company find and hire a Senior Electrical Engineer t o lead fuel cell systems development for portable power applications. As a Senior Engineer, the successful candidate will be comfortable in a hands-on experimental environment, a resourceful problem solver, a team-player with excellent interaction skills, and capable of rapidly integrating observations and results into new designs. This position requires the ability to complete multiple tasks effectively, prioritize work, and manage work to specifications, schedules and budgets in a results-oriented environment.
We're not looking for just an electrical engineer; we want to find someone that is CHARGED about playing a major role in new product development and a passion for success in fuel cell applications. The company offers employees all the responsibility they want to assume. You would be surrounded by other professionals with a common goal.
We expect qualified candidates will have the following:
- B.S. in electrical engineering, M.S. a plus.
- 5+ years of product design/development engineering experience as part of a multi-disciplinary development team designing embedded systems.
- Synthesizes electrical requirements based on system performance parameters. Work closely with software engineers to come up with system solution.
- Hardware design of circuit boards used in microprocessor controlled embedded systems. Experienced with 8-bit and 32-bit microcontrollers and supporting circuits.
- Circuit board design understanding cost / performance and procurement metrics.
- Experienced with data communications (USB, EIA-232, SPI, I2C and Ethernet), Analog/Digital conversion and driving motors or solenoids.
- Familiar with EMI mitigation techniques including noise filtering and suppression as well as thermal package considerations.
- Experience designing battery chargers or DC/DC converters are a plus.
- Experience designing rugged, outdoor or high reliability electronics is a plus.
- Uses CAE system to select parts, generate schematics and BOMs.
- Start-up or early stage company experience is desired.
- US Citizeship or Permanent Residency is required.
While the work is rewarding, so are the benefits. They have an attractive health care plan that is covered 80% by the company, and a 401(k) administered through Fidelity, which will be matched upon profitability. They offer a generous 15 days of PTO to start, and it accrues at 1 day/year of service. They also have stock options with accelerated vesting if there is a change of ownership.
The employees work well together, and they also play well together. They have soccer games every Thursday, basketball every Tuesday, a holiday party at the end of the year, and several times throughout the year will knock off early on a Friday to have BBQ party at which the families are invited.