Id : 75
Category : Engineering
Region : NE:ME VT NH MA RI CT
Salary Range : Unspecified
Date Created : 11/28/2010
Lead Fuel Cell Engineer
Req'd Years of Experience: 3+ years of systems engineering experience in multi-disciplinary product and technology development and commercialization.
Key experience: Development, operation and test of fuel cell stacks, systems, components and fueling subsystems (PEM or SOFC) is strongly desired.
Education (minimum): B.S. in mechanical engineering or equivalent, M.S. a plus.
Location: New England
Relocation: Assistance provided
Salary: Competitive base, dependent upon experience
Our client is a leading provider of fuel cell power systems and is currently positioning itself for the rapid growth that will accompany the launch of several new platforms in 2011 and beyond. The Company’s culture is dynamic and ideal for individuals who are motivated by talented co-workers, minimal bureaucracy, cutting edge technology and aggressive goals.
Technical Staffing Professionals has been engaged to help the company find and hire a Lead Fuel Cell Engineer. The Engineer will work closely with the Director of Mechanical and Systems Engineering on the development of fuel cell systems for portable applications. The ideal candidate will possess relevant experience in developing and characterizing fuel cells at the system and component levels and be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
As a Lead Engineer the successful candidate will be comfortable in a hands-on experimental environment, a resourceful problem solver, a team-player with excellent interaction skills, and capable of rapidly integrating observations and results into new designs. This position requires the ability to complete multiple tasks effectively, prioritize work, and manage work to specifications, schedules and budgets in a results-oriented environment.
Responsibilities of the position include:
- Development of fuel cell systems, subsystems and components in a multi-disciplinary product team.
- Writing and execution of test plans
- Communication of results with the development team and Management
- Work with EE and SW resources to develop and implement control systems
- Interface with component suppliers and teaming partners
We expect qualified candidates will have the following qualifications and experience:
- B.S. in mechanical engineering or equivalent, M.S. a plus.
- 3 to 7+ years of systems engineering experience in multi-disciplinary product and technology
- development and commercialization.
- Specific experience in development, operation and test of fuel cell stacks, systems, components and fueling subsystems (PEM or SOFC) is strongly desired.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- CAD experience desired - SolidWorks preferred.
- Start-up or early stage company experience is desired.
Compensation package includes a competitive base salary, a full Company benefit plan and an aggressive stock option package. U.S. Citizenship or permanent residency is required.