This page aggregates products, services, information, opportunities and
jobs related to fuel cell generators.
Fuel cell offer a number of advantages over traditional diesel generators
- Maintenance – fuel cells have very few moving parts
which reduces the need for regular maintenance. They also do not require
- Quality of power – Fuel cells produce a pure sine
wave of current.
- Runtime – fuel cells operate as long as there is
- Noise – fuel cells have few moving parts and when
compared to generators are considerably quieter and do not vibrate like
- Environmental – Unlike generators, fuel cells do
not use combustion and therefore there are no NOx, SOx or particulate
emissions from the unit.
- Combined heat and power – fuel cells can be used
to generate heat and power yielding a greater overall system and efficiency.
They can also replace the need for expensive and inefficient heating
- Fuel Flexibility – fuel cells can operate on a
range of fuels (depending upon technology) including propane, LPG, natural
gas and hydrogen (These systems can be used in conjunction with renewable
energy technologies as
renewable energy storage systems. A combination of renewables,
hydrogen storage and fuel cells can be used to provide a zero emission
off gird energy system.)