Inegrated ceramic heat exchanger and insulation material for solid oxide, PEM, HT-PEM and fuel cell reformer applications
HEXIM™ is an economical insulation housing providing convective (or conductive) system thermal management with integrated air manifolds. HEXIM™ increases overall system efficiency by routing recuperated heat via integrated ducting.
HEXIM™ solutions are made by mass production techniques, allowing complex shapes at competitive costs. Through manufacturing knowledge and expertise in thermal management techniques, HEXIM™ insulation housings can reduce the number of components and simplify assembly. ENrG uses advanced ceramic materials and coatings resulting in minimal-to-no shedding. HEXIM™ is odor-free.
ENrG works with each customer to add functionality to insulation in a compact design. With the ability to include air manifolds, customize wall thicknesses, embed mechanical or thermal inserts and other functional details, ENrG combines your specific needs into a simpler, more efficient design.
ENrG Inc. Takes Ideas to Reality
As a developer and manufacturer of critical ceramic components for diverse energy applications, ENrG Inc. is a technology leader in the Power Generation, System Management and Environmental Control industry segments.
Starting with our Thin E-Strate™ substrate material as the building block we have developed ThinESC™, a highly durable and flexible membrane integral to commercializing fuel cell systems. HEXIM™ provides insulation, a thermal transport mechanism and air manifolds in integrated packaging solutions. Separation membranes aid in the capture of CO2, transport ions and remove contamination for improved environmental control.
Learn more about how ENrG Inc. can help you take ideas to reality.
- Molded to desired shape and thickness (0.635 cm. minimum)
- Can be machined, post molding, for more critical geometries
- Capability to customize with integrated fasteners, springs, inserts and coatings
- Usable in system operating temperatures up to 1260 C
- Moisture and oil resistant
- High thermal shock resistance
- Optional coatings for wear resistance, improved thermal conductivity or increased strength
- Thermal control of high temperature core, yet external housing safe to touch
- Stronger than microporous materials
- More thermally conductive than dense ceramics
- Fuel manifolds can be inserted into the molded housings
ENrG works with customers’ system designers to propose a HEXIM™ concept, review modeling results, build a prototype and optimize an insulation housing for high volume manufacturing. Learn more