EnerFuel’s High Temperature PEM fuel cell provides the benefit of high power density, the ability to use traditional and readily available fuels (diesel, gasoline, methanol, and others), and lower costs through a reduction of Balance of Plant.
EnerFuel is able to provide fuel cell and battery technology (through our sister company, EnerDel) for range extended electric vehicles. EnerFuel is searching for developmental partnerships and ways to become more globally involved in demonstration projects.
EnerFuel is seeking:
- Government funded fuel cell projects
- Electric Vehicle OEM partners
- Fleet Vehicle operators who are interested in fuel cell electric vehicles
- Range Extension of Cars
- Delivery vehicles
- Police and emergency vehicles
- Idle eliminators
- Material Handling
EnerFuel has integrated a fuel cell with a lithium ion battery in a hybrid electric vehicle.
Advantages of Fuel Cells for Range Extension of Electric Vehicles
Fuel Cells are an attractive alterative to ICE for electric vehicle manufacturers looking for ways to increase driving range and minimize the need for connecting to the grid. Fuel cells can extend the power density of Electric Vehicles without compromising size and weight requirements, and while improving the performance of the vehicle to meet the range expectations of today’s consumer.
- Low Noise
- No Particulate Emissions
- No NOx or SOx
- Fuel Flexibility – hydrogen, diesel and other hydrocarbon fuels
- Minimal interference with onboard systems due to low vibrations
- Compact and lightweight power solution
- High Efficiency – reduced fuel consumption
Features of EnerFuel’s High Temperature PEM Fuel Cell system:
- No radiator required for cooling
- High operating temperature eliminates water management and balance problems
- Greater Efficiency
- Reduced ancillary loads due to reduction of balance of plant
- Lower Cost
- Simplicity - lower capital costs
- Efficiency - lower recurring costs
- Operates at 120-180°C
- High CO tolerance
- Embedded control software
- Integrated power conditioning
- Serial data output
- Customized management software
EnerFuel’s engineers have the expertise to professional integrate fuel cells into vehicle applications.