About Proton OnSite:
Proton OnSite is a global leader in the design and manufacture of hydrogen energy and innovative gas solutions. Since 1996, it has been developing and applying hydrogen technology in creative and practical ways that best meet the diverse requirements of its customers. More recently, it has expanded its product offerings to include nitrogen, air and oxygen generators. It has also expanded its services to include packaged solutions incorporating tanks, compressors and other ancillary equipment. Its advanced proton exchange membrane (PEM) water electrolysis systems coupled with its uncompromising attention to excellence and quality enables Proton OnSite to deliver, install and support gas generation units on every continent.
Researches, plans, and designs mechanical and electromechanical products and systems. Must assist in the development of prototypes, and the manufacture of commercial designs, as well as provide ongoing engineering and process improvement. Coordinates activities involved in fabrication, operation, application, installation, and repair of cell stack mechanical or electromechanical components.
- Designs simple and complex parts/components related to current and future electrolyzer cell stack products based upon mechanical, thermal, hydraulic, and heat transfer systems. Designs may be prepared from verbal or written instructions.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposal, specifications, and manuals to determine feasibility of design or application.
- Understands the design process and has experience in a manufacturing environment with an emphasis on cost reductions.
- Works across engineering and manufacturing departments to support product engineering, product manufacturing and electrolyzer cell stack development.
- Creates drawings for production parts and tooling/fixturing suitable for quotation by vendors. Also creates manufacturing process drawings to document design fabrication processes.
- Directs and coordinates fabrication and installation activities to ensure products and systems conform to engineering design and customer specifications.
- Capable of working well in a multi-disciplinary team environment.
- Working knowledge of CAD (two years min. experience with Pro/E desired).
- Working knowledge of FEA analysis (Pro/Mechanica desired).
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
- Motivated self-starter; desire to learn.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to balance multiple tasks.
Education and/or Experience:
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering
0-5 years experience with product development desired
The above statements reflect the principal functions of the position, and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
Proton OnSite has a published Code of Conduct that all employees are expected to follow.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Due to the high volume of resumes we receive, we are not able to respond personally to every application. However, we do review every resume, and will be sure to contact you if we think there is a possible fit.