Proton Energy Systems® is a global leader in hydrogen technology that delivers bold, innovative energy solutions. It’s patented cost-effective, proton exchange membrane (PEM) water electrolysis technology provides the hydrogen production solutions to meet the unique requirements of our customers and to satisfy world supply needs. When generated using readily available water and renewable generated electricity, hydrogen fuel holds the promise of zero carbon and greenhouse gas emissions as well as energy independence and security in the transportation sector.
We have developed a containerised version of our new FuelGen® 65 designed to provide a flexible and transportable onsite hydrogen production and fuelling system. This is particularly well suited to fuel cell demonstration projects where fuelling is either only temporarily required or when the project may move.
Advantages of On-site Hydrogen Production
- Reduced foot print needed for on-site hydrogen storage
- No need to stock pile hydrogen cylinders
- On-site hydrogen production can be integrated with renewable sources to reduce carbon footprint
- Every kg of hydrogen generated using renewable energy can eliminate 3 kilograms of carbon emissions (The amount contained in 1 US gallon of gasoline)
- Cost effective in large volumes of hydrogen
- Vehicle and infrastructure suppliers to the utility / fleet vehicle and materials handling markets including:
- Delivery vehicles
- On-site maintenance vehicles
- Council / government vehicles
- Waste disposal
- Potential end-users and adopters of hydrogen fuel cell / ICE vehicles including:
- Port authorities
- Retail outlets
- Distribution centres
FuelGen® Hydrogen Fuelling Systems
Proton’s FuelGen hydrogen fuelling system is a fully-integrated, compact, packaged electrolysis system that produces medium pressure, fuel cell grade high purity hydrogen from water and electricity. The system includes the following components and features:
- Electrolyser cell stacks with PEM solid electrolyte
- Outdoor-rated enclosure
- Integrated vent stack with automatic drain trap
- Support and safety systems for regulating electrolysing operations
- On-board feed water purification system
- Automated tank-topping option
- Power conservation during stand-by
- Remote monitoring
- Code-compliant appliance design
Proton Energy Systems is the world’s leading supplier of on-site hydrogen generators utilizing PEM technology. As a trusted hydrogen provider and an innovative technology leader, Proton has been awarded contracts spanning multiple industries to meet a diverse set of needs. For example, the U.S Army’s Tank-Automotive Research, Development and Engineering Center (TARDEC) recently awarded a contract to Proton Energy Systems to develop an advanced hydrogen fuelling system capable of sustaining a military fleet of hydrogen-powered vehicles. A recently opened fuelling station near the New York metropolitan area uses Proton’s FuelGen onsite hydrogen generation systems. Also, in cooperation with Linde, Proton Energy Systems will be providing the onsite hydrogen generation system for AC Transit, a major transit agency serving the bay area of northern California in the U.S.
® Proton, Proton Energy Systems, and FuelGen are registered trademarks of Proton Energy Systems, Inc.