HOGEN® Onsite Hydrogen Generation Systems Make Delivered Hydrogen Obsolete
Hydrogen is used to cool the windings of large power plant generators because of hydrogen’s high heat capacity and low density. Power plants utilizing hydrogen-cooled generators must maintain recommended hydrogen purity and pressure in the generator casing for efficiency, safety, and equipment reliability. Continuous addition of ultra-pure hydrogen from a HOGEN® hydrogen generation system to make up for hydrogen seal losses can optimize hydrogen purity and pressure for best operating performance and uptime.
There are two ways to fill your hydrogen demand. Have it delivered in cylinders or tube trailers, or make it onsite with a hydrogen generator. Periodic addition of hydrogen gas from storage to your generator casing means your generator runs de-optimized most of the time, and moisture in the hydrogen supplied to the generator casings can lead to the formation of cracks in the generator retaining rings, and possible generator failure.
Hydrogen production with HOGEN® onsite hydrogen generation systems offer:
- Superior hydrogen purity to reduce windage loss
- Optimized productivity by reducing hydrogen inventory maintenance
- Improved safety through reduced H2 inventory and cylinder handling
- Maximized generator capacity with consistent hydrogen pressure
- Longer generator component life from decreased corrosion
- Reduced overall hydrogen supply costs