Id : 93
Category : Engineering
Region : West Coast
Salary Range : Unspecified
Date Created : 03/11/2011
Our client is an industry-leading developer of multi-fuel processor systems and integrated proton exchange membrane (PEM) fuel cell systems for a variety of portable and stationary power applications. Technical Staffing Professionals has been engaged to help the company find and hire a Fuel Cell Project Manager . This person will be re sponsible for leading the development of 1-10kW fuel cell systems through the integration of fuel cell, fuel processing and electronic and control modules. This manager will work closely with a highly motivated team of chemical, mechanical, and electrical engineers to develop generators that convert hydrocarbon fuels to electricity to provide backup or primary power to telecom equipment. The position involves participation in a cross-functional team including engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and field service functions to define, develop, and manufacture products that meet the needs of our customers.
- Lead a team of engineers and scientists in the development and transfer to manufacturing of 1-10 kW fuel cell systems through the integration of fuel cell, fuel processing and electronic and control modules.
- Work with a cross-functional team including engineering, marketing, manufacturing, and field service functions to define customer requirements and translate customer requirements into system and component level requirements.
- Lead and participate in the conceptualization of novel designs for fuel cell systems that reduce complexity and cost, and increase reliability and lifetime.
- Create project proposals. Generate cost estimates, risk analyses, project schedules and program plans, and communicate them effectively within the organization.
- Provide frequent and open communication on the status of the product development. Keep projects on schedule by identifying and resolving conflicts involving resources, scheduling, and cost.
- Lead and participate in troubleshooting and solving problems related to design and testing of products under development.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- B.S. in an Engineering discipline, with at least 5 years of experience developing and commercializing electromechanical products. Experience with fuel cell systems is desired, but not required.
- Strong skills in solving technical problems at the system level. Familiarity with quality tools such as QFD and FMEA.
- Hands-on approach to troubleshooting system level problems. Willingness to work with a team to build and test fuel cell components and systems.
- Strong project management skills with a history of completing projects on time and within budget.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build and work with multi-disciplinary engineering teams and proactively identify and resolve conflicts in schedule, resourcing, and cost.
- Strong interpersonal skills, with interest and ability to work with a diverse group of people
- Upon hire, must meet requirement of a negative drug screen.
JobsinFuelCells.com was created to promote the dedicated recruiting niche in the fuel cell industry by Technical Staffing Professionals LLC . The company has been focusing their recruiting efforts in the fuel cell industry since 2001, longer than any other recruiter in North America.